Monday, October 17, 2005

Beyond Serenity

Standing on the broad walk,
I stop to look at the sea.
How I love it.
I can't even describe
The happiness it brings to me.
Right now it's beautiful.
It's calm and bluish green,
Just like I expect it to be.
No waves,
No wind,
No seagulls,
Just water, serene and sedated.
That's what I see.
I wish I'm blind.
If I were blind,
I wouldn't see the corny disguises,
I wouldn't be fooled
By the esthetic façade.
If I were blind,
I'd hear beyond the silence,
And see beyond the mask.
If I were blind,
I would be able to hear
The screaming of the tortured deep.
If I were blind,
I would be able to see
The turbulence in the agonized waters.
A million stories lay at its bottom,
A history that goes back
To the beginning of time.
If I were blind,
I would be able to smell
The rust that ate up
Long-forgotten laughters,
Horrifying scandals,
And a wisdom as old as sand.
To me it looks numb,
To me it looks carefree,
To me it looks slightly troubled,
To me it's only a surface.
If only I were blind,
I would be able to hear,
I would be able to listen,
I would be able to decipher
Meanings,
Feelings,
Fears,
And hopes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jano said...

Congratulations.It has been a long time not reading any new poems.Don't deprive us from ur amazing words.
GO on Boubeyeh

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never read such meaningful words before.. It reminds me of beirut... reminds me of the city that was polished with fake beauty to satisfy ppl's greed, but what lies behind the mask is so dangerous, that's what we should work on...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger arch.memory said...

Pous, habibteh, I so wish you would find the time to write more... It really is a pity. Love you! Mwa!

Your brother,
BOUBOO

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home