Sunday, July 16, 2006

Messages from my sister, Maya (Boubeyeh)

My sister, Maya (Boubeyeh, that's my nickname for her), has been sending me text messages from Lebanon. It's 3:30 am there, and she can't sleep from the sound of the bombing. So she's been sending me text messages on the phone. When this whole mess started, she was unloading on me with these text messages, and since I was wound up already with anger and worry, I told her to take it easy on me. She did, but there is nothing else for her to do right now, up at night with the electricity off, but send messages. So I thought I'd share my burden/pleasure with the world, on her blog...

July 12 @ 8:32 pm
Hello 7abibi. We're sitting in B3albak theater,waiting 4 Fairouz 2 come out.El-3alam da3waso ba3ed just 2 reac their seats.Z South is badly damaged but we're OK.

July 13 @ 1:49 am
Bouboo we're all in Kaifoun.Mom & Dad left Borj,& Jojo dropped off Ahmad & me here on our way back from B3albak. It is coz we're expecting Israel 2 hit el-da7ye.

July 13 @ 7:51 am
They bombed z airport runways.Now z airport is closed &all flights are cancelled.They also bombed houses &all bridges in Jnoub, starting Saida. 21 died in Jnoub.

July 13 @ 4:14 pm
El-kalbe Condalisa Rise declared that HizbAllahshould free the 2 soldiers without any condition.She forgot to tell Israel to stopshooting at families in Jnub.

July 13 @ 10:28 pm
Bouboo,they're gonna start bombing el-da7ye. Nadine,Shereen & Nada came now to Kaifoun.Amto stayed at Tant Siham's house. We're OK 7abibi, don't worry.We love u.

July 16 @ 2:21 am
Bouboo they're bombing el-da7ye nonstop.El-7amdilla we're here but z noise of z explosions bi khawfak3al bashar wil 7ajar.They pushed us 20 yrs la wara,Love u.

July 16 @ 3:09 am
When z Israelis give us hidne,& we go to Borj to get clothes,I wanna take my cats & drive them to a christian petshop. I can't go to da7ye to feed them anymore.

July 16 @ 3:20 am
No,I can't. U got my previous msg about bombing el-dahye? Jojois sleeping in her car bi malja2 ta7t bayta biBeirut.So is Rasha.Khalo Ousama on duty bi Bahman.

July 16 @ 3:28 am
No, just me.Mom &Dad are asleep (Dad took Xanax,&Mom had a bottle of wine),&Ahmad is sleeping too.Khalto Samar & Tant Salam are taking Deanxit.We miss u ya 7ilo.

July 16 @ 3:45 am
I wish things go back to how it was when u were here 40days ago.Everything was safe,& u were close.I'm gonna try to sleep so goodnite for now 7abibi. 7ibak ane!

--Ashraf a.k.a. Bouboo a.k.a. arch.memory

2 Comments:

Blogger jooj said...

That was so heartfelt, Ashraf and Maya. Thx for sharing

Monday, July 17, 2006 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

I second jooj! thx for posting this arch...

Monday, July 17, 2006 2:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home