Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Retired Criminal

It rained for three days in a row.
Waterfalls from heaven,
Floods in the streets,
Rain on my window,
And a pond inside of me.
From within the depth of this pond,
I snatched my ruins,
I looked and stared
At the rust of my childhood.
I looked and stared
At the weeds of yesterday.
I looked and stared
With a smile upon my face.
I’ve lived within a hurricane,
I’ve stumbled in my days.
I saw my arrogant ignorance,
And smelled my decaying innocence.
I walked all the wrong roads,
I climbed the ladder of mischief,
I engulfed the filth of life,
And merged with the essence of defeat.
I was the play.
I was the theater,
And now among the audience I sit,
Watching, smiling, and remembering.
I’m a criminal in a jury.
I’m what I always knew I’ll be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur emotions stroked the paper,
painted with care,where each word,each line & every mark left by the pen had a purpose which is the easy passage of ur writting to everyone's heart.Ur courage made me conquer new lands with trees or sands where I can have anything in the palm of my hands. I lOVED UR POEM.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home